My dad makes the best homemade salsa. As my garden has done a wonderful job at producing tomatoes I needed to find a way to use them in some delicious way. I called up my mom and asked for this recipe and it was a success! I couldn't stop eating it! I made my brother-in-law Benny try it and he claimed he didn't like salsa but even he loved it!
- 10 Roma tomatoes {I didn't grow roma tomatoes but my garden tomatoes worked just fine}
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper with or with out seeds {seeds give it more of a kick}
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cumin
This is the original recipe. I also added green peppers, black beans,
and corn for some color and taste. Feel free to play around with the
amounts to your liking, but just know that it is DELICIOUS and you won't
be able to stop eating it! Enjoy :) -oh ps I just chopped it up in our nifty food processor {wedding present} that I opened up and fell in love with today.
 |
| With the combination of being a bad photographer and terrible lighting at my house, this picture will have to do |
 |
| Alright alright so the picture doesn't do it justice, just pretend it looks delicious |
Claire!!! I found your blog and thoroughly enjoyed reading through it!!! I love your little house, I love that you have a garden, I love that you wrote such a sweet post about James...you are one in a million...and I love that you are SO happy and SO in love!! I'm going to make your salsa tomorrow - sounds too good to pass up! Love you Claire! Nan
ReplyDeleteaw thanks Nan! You're sure great :)
Delete