Last Friday I was feelin' a little crafty and I texted my friend Andrea: "Hi hi hi! What are you doing this morning? I'm gonna whip out my sewing machine, wanna come over and be crafty with me?" My parents gave me a sewing machine when I got married and I was so thrilled and excited to use it and almost 8 months had gone by and I had not done anything more than get it out of the box! This week I was determined to use it when I found the perfect crafty thing on Pintrest:
I love Christmas and everything that comes with it. I've been thinking about Christmas since August. I wanted to make stockings for Dan and I because this is our first Christmas as a married couple and I thought it would be a fun project. I loved this idea because it's super cheap and easy.
The night before I went to DI and found the perfect old sweaters ($3 each). Friday morning I spent some time experimenting with my sewing machine and reading a bit of the instruction manual and then I got to work. I must say, I'm very please with how they turned out! Take a look:
Well the picture doesn't do them justice but I just love them! I love that mine has buttons, and I love that Dan's has a wintery design on it. Didn't I say they were the perfect sweaters, now stockings? Can't wait to fill them on Christmas!
Claire they are so adorable!!! When did you get so crafty? I wanna be like you!! ;) Hugs and Merry Christmas! Come VISIT US!
ReplyDeleteKathryn
Yup....they're cute alright!! Love the buttons....and I was just thinking....sweater Christmas stockings are the BOMB cuz they stretch way more than felt or velvet or anything else stockings are made of....GENIUS!!!!
ReplyDelete