Sunday, October 07, 2012

Happy October!

Happy October! I think it is one of my favorite months of all time. I love fall when it starts getting a little bit chilly, the leaves start changing colors, and it rains more often {of course here in Rexburg it will skip rain and go straight to snowing, unlike WA where it rains all year 'round}. Also October holds many great things to celebrate: General Conference {watched all weekend and LOVED it}, my birthday, Canadian Thanksgiving {celebrated earlier this day with my wonderful Canadian relatives, shout out to Chris and Linda and their kids for coming to Rexburg, inviting Dan and I to eat with them and then giving us all the left over food!}, my birthday, Halloween, and did I mention my BIRTHDAY? 

Okay, I love birthdays. Anyone's birthday. I think it's because you get to focus on celebrating one person and that's so fun! My best friend's Keri and Andrea also have October birthdays {me 16th, Keri 21st, Andrea 29th} so pretty much we would party a lot in October. Just the other day I thought about how sad it was the Keri is in NZ because I literally cannot remember the last birthday I celebrated without her! Even here at school these past 2 years we've always celebrated {super hard core} together. This year will also be different because now I have a husband! Last year Dan wasn't even at my birthday party because we barely knew each other.  I'm sure this years birthday will be blast and I'm very excited to celebrate :)

Celebrating my birthday last year

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays because I LOVE LOVE LOVE dressing up and thinking of creative costumes. For the past few years though, this has been my favorite costume:
You probably thought that was a real cow... nope just me!
 Cows are my absolute favorite animal. Don't be surprised if I whip this costume out again this year. I have thought of being a pirate {I know how to make awesome looking fake dreads with my hair} and then of course it would be cute if Dan and I had matching costumes {I've never had a boy to match costumes with before, so presh} but then again, I could just make him be a cow :)

October also holds mine and Dan's first date one year anniversary! It's crazy how time has passed so quickly. On October 22nd we will celebrate the anniversary of our first date!

Well the contents of this post are kind of random but it's just a few things I've been thinking about so be entertained.


No comments:

Post a Comment