Today I took a little trip outside to see our garden, something I have
been too lazy to do this last weekish and I was overwhelmed by the
plethora of produce! Check it out!
| Lots and lots of tomatoes, carrots, and peppers! |
| Our tomato plants are pretty much taking over, but behind them we have lots of lettuce and somewhere in the ground are a few onions |
| Clearly I am very pleased with the success of our very first garden :) |
While I'm here, I'll just show you our cute little house and everything I
love about it. We've been living here all summer and were so blessed to
find a place to live so easily.
It looks kind small {hey you can see our garden in the early stages!} but when I went in for the first time I was surprised at how big it was! There is a whole other side that isn't even in the picture. The house was originally built like 100 years ago {I'm not exaggerating I promise} but they kept adding on. The owner did a lot of beautiful wood work on the inside when he added on to the kitchen and he even built the fireplace! It has been the perfect little starter home for us this summer and I'll be sad to leave it.
This is Kirby my mothers day present from Dan. He said I needed to learn how to take care of a rabbit before I could have a child.
Ok this is a webcam photo, bad quality, but I couldn't leave out the cutest little kitty: Thor! I adopted him from an animal shelter booth and brought him home without Dan knowing... but he was so cute I couldn't resist! I feel silly because I spent like 5 minutes trying to get the thing to look into the camera. I felt like I was talking to a disobedient child. If you knew me and saw me doing it you'd have laughed because I'm not usually an animal person. I once got angry at my best friend {Keri} for getting attached to some fish. However, I do think Thor is so cute and cats are perfect because you don't bother them, they don't bother you. It's a great relationship.
| This is hanging in my house; Not trying to brag or anything... |
If you ever want to come visit Idaho, come visit our home before we leave for school in September. We love guests and even have a spare bedroom!

Claire- I am proud of you!!! If you don't know what to do with all the tomatoes, just call me. Love you dear!!!
ReplyDeleteMom
Claire! What a fun blog, girl! I LOVED reading it and seeing the pictures of your first house and your awesome garden! It takes skill to grow things, so good job! I like what you said about cats. The rabbit story is funny, especially since....well, you know that having a child is NOTHING like having a rabbit. But then again, there are a few similiarities. You are awesome as ever, Clairbear!
ReplyDeleteYou are SO funny! I LOVE YOUR BLOG! I told Troy about your bunny rabbit and he laughed too. You have quite the green thumb! Troy and I have a little garden, but I am the biggest hazard to it. When our plants were little I accidently pulled up all our jalapeno plants and green pepper plants because I thought they were weeds! haha! miss you!
ReplyDeletehahaha love it claire. I LOVE your house!!!It looks like a doll house, every girls dream to live in a little house like that when they are first married. Also I am incredibly impressed with your garden, not surprised, but impressed :) Same with the monopoly chart. (No offense dan)YOU ARE SUCH A GOOD EXAMPLE I WANT TO BE JUST LIKE YOU minus the cat and a few rounds of monopoly.;)hahaha
ReplyDelete